Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Computer Problems

Wish I'd Done That: I always bought my little ones' clothes one year ahead. I could sort of predict their sizes, then I'd shop at the end of the season for the next year. If I made a mistake, I gave it away as a birthday gift!

I HATE Computers!!!
Last week, I had a glitch or something with my Outlook Express. I couldn't access my mail for our website, www.laurasartin.com. Now, since it's coming close to the shopping season, I want to be able to get and fill any orders that come in. For some inexplicable reason, it wouldn't accept my password, and I got that dreaded error message: "There was a problem logging onto your mail server" I decided to try to fix it myself - I need to learn these things, after all.
OK. I tried. Followed the "help" stuff from Outlook; the whole 9 yards.
(I never read directions for anything, so you can understand that this was major for me to follow the steps from something technical.)
Yesterday, Donna called about a prayer request, and I happened to ask if she had a computer person in her house. (Her husband, James, is REALLY great at that)
He got on the phone to try and help. He even came over to work on the machine himself. No luck.
I finally emailed (on the other account) my website guy, Jared. He asked for my password, and I gave it to him.
He emailed me back that he'd had success; I should try myself using my password. (I'd already done this, of course)
I typed in the password, and of course, it worked! Why?!
I just don't get it.
Anyway, to all you computer geniuses out there ~ way to go. I don't get it, but I'm glad you do......
Praying for Sharon, Chris, Mattie, our kids in Iraq/Afghanistan, and our great country.

No comments: