Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Been There, Wish I'd Done That : I did do this: I read to my kids from the very beginning. I know people thought I was crazy, reading to a 2 month old, but I wanted to make it a habit. Now, both my kids are big readers. I'm not sure if the early reading has anything to do with that, but I know they read early and a lot.

Speaking of reading, I've just finished a marvelous old book God's Smuggler, a great story of Brother Andrew, a Dutch missionary who began during the Cold War. It's such an easy read, I recommend it to everyone. I got it from my daughter; she reads anything and everything. She's got a great library of "missionary stories".

Brother AndrewOf course, my all-time favorite book is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It sounds like a Harlequin romance, but it's a re-telling of the book of Hosea. Rivers has many really good books, but RL is my fav. I love also her Scarlet Thread. It's a super read. I woman is reading a journal of someone in the 1800's, and the heroine experiences many of the same struggles as the woman in the journal.

What are your favorites? What should I begin next? Always looking for new stuff.....




No comments: