Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Staying Young

Wish I'd Done That: If you've got an extra refrigerator or freezer in the garage, use that as an additional place to display all the artwork from your kids. Each time you drive in the garage, the kids will see you value their creative efforts!

Sunday Morning

I teach in our youth group on Sunday mornings. This girls are part of the class. They're standing by our youth guy's bike. (It's not mine!)

I've so loved doing this. At first, I thought I was too old, but God has shown me that what these girls need is love. They need to know someone besides their parents is interested in them and loves them for who they are.

What I didn't expect was what these people have shown me so much about God's Word. They are remarkably insightful. I just love the study of His Word, and they have made it so fun. My girls know what they are talking about, and they have super ideas about how He speaks to us. They challenge me to know what I'm talking about, and to think outside the box.

You never know how God will bless you. If someone calls and asks you to teach, pray about it, and then open yourself to His blessings. You can see mine pictured above!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can totally relate to this...our Father BLESSED me beyond measure when I had the privilege of teaching preschoolers so many years...and believe it or not....they taught me soooo very much too! I know your class is so BLESSED to have you leading them!!!
Thank-you so much for your service to our Father and these girls! LOVE YA FRIEND!