Monday, September 15, 2008

Queen's Visit

Been There, Wish I'd Done That: When shopping for staples, buy two of everything: toilet paper packs, paper towels, toothpaste, etc. If you have the storage space, it will save you lots of time. You won't be making an emergency run to the store. I got this idea from Robyn, whose mom had given her this advice early in her marriage. It helped me a bunch.


For our 25th wedding anniversary, Ace & I went to London to visit the Queen. Our daughter was doing a semester study abroad, and she agreed to be our tour guide.



Here we are in the London Eye. While in it, you have a great panoramic view of the city. In the beginning of our ride, I was mostly intent with not being trapped with some pushy tourists. We managed to avoid them and had only one other couple in the pod with us.


Here we are at 221b Baker Street. The fictitious address of the great Sherlock Holmes. Can you believe 3 educated people actually put this stuff on and posed for a picture? No wonder some parts of the world don't understand Americans.

This is a window from Canterbury Cathedral, but my favorite church was Westminster. It contains a knave (or something!) with many literary greats. As an English major, I could not believe so many great authors were surrounding me. (Too bad they were long dead!) Anyway..

God has blessed us with a marriage that has thrived for many years. Why has ours survived while others have not? I'm not sure, but I know we love each other, are committed to God and family, and we are just really stubborn. We laugh a lot, and do many things together.

If you are in a rough spot, pray and seek His will. His Will is never, to split a family. In tough times, seek help from your pastor, or a friend you trust.

Remember: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13



No comments: