Monday, September 22, 2008

Girls Weekend

Wish I'd Done That: Share responsibilities - don't try to be SuperMom. You can't do everything yourself. While children are little, let them "help" fold clothes, put away dishes, and dust. They'll be in the habit of doing it, it will be fun, and they won't know they're working! You'll find that those little ones can really help.

Last year, I had an idea to gather all the girls in our family together for a weekend of fun and craziness. These are 4 of my 5 nieces (one had just broken her leg playing basketball and so was unavailable to come....) my mom and Lauren.

We did a craft project for the nursing home where sister Jana is a nurse, watched movies, cooked and shopped.

I'm not saying the craft projects were beautiful, but the centerpieces we made for the homes' Valentine's Day decorations were made with love.

Since we are like many families, we are scattered over portions of Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois and we don't see one another very often. I've had such fun with my 2 sisters, I wanted Lauren to experience some "girl time" with the rest of the family.

My two sisters are on the right, and Mom next to me on the left. We all look so much alike, and Mom looks so young, we are sometimes mistaken for 4 sisters. Mom just loves that.

It's hard getting everyone together, but its so worth it. I encourage all of you to get your family together. Start early. Our next one is going to be the summer of 09, after Lauren graduates from DePaul. That gives us all time to get organized.

Any ideas for a theme, project, or ideas you all have? Let me know. Love to all the Headrick girls....

1 comment:

Jenni said...

It was a great weekend! I hope we can do it again this year!