Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Christian Challenge

Wish I'd Done That: Let your little ones "help" you in the kitchen. Yes, I know it makes your job harder, but in the long run, they will get used to being in there helping you. Trust me, it will be worth it in the loooonnnggg run. They can wash veggies, set the table, measure flour(!) and cut in the shortening. Take pictures, have Dad clean up the mess, and move on.

My spirit has been heavy these last weeks. Election ads are negative, the banks are in trouble, the stock market is a mess ~ you know.
I've just felt such a burden; a hopelessness.
Then someone reminded me: God is still in control November 4th, no matter the outcome.
I urge all Christians to PRAY now and after the election. We must be faithful to Biblical principles.
Hebrews 11, the great faith chapter, reminds us of Christians who've gone before us. In difficult circumstances, they stood for Godly values and went against popular thought.
Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Heaven is filled with those who've gone before us. They are the witnesses (as is the rest of the world) of our behavior in these difficult times.
God is in control.
He still draws us to Himself.
He reigns for Eternity.
His children will live with Him Eternally in the new heaven and the new earth.
My spirit is calmer now; I know my Redeemer is in control.

No comments: