Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year Smoothie

Wish I'd Done That: When you assign your kids their chores, once in a while give them a great surprise! Tape $1 to the EndDust can, put cash in the dishwasher, tape money to the vacuum. Not every time, but enough that they may not whine when assigned a chore. If they whine, take the $ away before they get there. Or, have a rule about surprises, cash and whining.


In my quest for better health, here's my breakfast solution. This gets more calcium into me, and I love it. It's always been a great thing for me. I got this recipe years ago while on Weight Watchers, although I've put my own spin to the recipe.

1 cup skim milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 pkt. Equal (or like)
Blend all in a blender. This will be thick, like a milkshake. Low fat, low cal and yummy.
Variations: frozen peaches, half a banana added to the strawberries, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (love the texture that adds), blueberries, mangoes. Protein powder is great to add, as well as a few pecans or walnuts.

No comments: