Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's For Dinner?

Wish I'd Done That: Plan meals out for a week or two. That way, you will have all ingredients on hand, and there won't be that mad scramble to think of what to make. You could make a whole month's worth, and keep repeating it over and over. Stock your pantry with items you always use: pasta, rice, canned tomatoes, soup base, potatoes, etc. Meals will be a cinch!


On that note: What's for dinner at your house?


We're having a great stir fry. In my quest for better health, I'm using different veggies. Tonight, I'm adding zucchini to the mix, along with the traditional broccoli, carrots, onions, etc. Rather that the rice, I'm serving mine over spaghetti squash.

If you haven't tried this, I really recommend it. Slice the squash in half from stem to end, place face down in a microwaveable dish, add a bit of water, and micro 10 minutes on high.

Take it out, and remove the seeds. The rest of the squash can be pulled into spaghetti strings by using a fork run through the pulp.

Amazing, and really good!

The squash is also great served with grated Parmesan with chives or chopped green onions.

No comments: